10/22/2005

parasitical networking

I received a call this afternoon offering me the part of a journalist in a new play. Nice one. I'd been recommended by a former colleague.

My initial exitement was somewhat quelled when it emerged that it was an unpaid reading and that we'd only be doing a segment of the piece.

The group seem professional and reasonably well connected. The directors involved appear to be a few rungs further up the food chain so I may be able to benefit from parasitical (symbiotic?) networking. The gig will take place in Cambridge. I toured there earlier this year and really liked the place and so I'm very happy to return.

Will call them tomorrow and let them know I'll do it. Only fear is that it turns out to conflict with money work but hell, who becomes an actor to get rich...