11/21/2005

The Axeman Cometh

The gig is done. The Spanish experience in Cambridge and London is complete.

In the end it was a nice unassuming fringe gig. It was ideal as these things go in that an unreasonable time commitment wasn't demanded and we ended up with a rather fine hour of entertainment.

I'll hold off on my rant on the exploitation rife in fringe.

And yes, I got the old Ovation out. It was strange indeed playing in front of people, nay, for people again. My musical contribution to the show was introductory and then ambient however we had a stormer of a warm up. Sounds trivial but I led the company through a few songs in warm up and it dawned on me that it was the first time i'd done anything like that in ten years. Look mum, I'm dancing!! No phobia. No nerves. Big fun.

One of the three directors prompted me to kick it off and then encouraged me to continue. Don't think she realised the effect she was having. Respect & thanks.

And for my next trick? I've got an impending stand-up gig in early december. Have been procrastinating somewhat and indeed part of me is kinda hoping it'll simply go away. But hey Sisyphus ain't one to run away from a challenge and will humbly accept this one - even if he has taken to referring to himself in the third person and capitalising his name no less!