10/06/2005

u win some...

s'been a busy week. mon & tues spent screwing my computer head back on. not bad. actually finding even the remote possibility of stability, security, routine & cash a big boost to my self-esteem. it reminds me what it's like to be both capable and valued. brought home how far i'd allowed the business to erode my self-worth.

in addition have happily quit alcohol. this, in addition to quitting smoking a couple of years back; a vegetarian diet and lots of exercise have sent my energy levels through the roof - all good.

3 days corporate work scheduled on wed, thurs & fri.

on accepting the part in the feature i made my availability clear to them. i was expecting a schedule on monday but of course they call on wed saying that they want me on set on thurs & fri - t'was a though i hadn't told them my availability at all. re-explained the situation. they were very amenable but had no recollection & so no contingency. after much smiley to'ing and fro'ing it was sorted. but hey, get the schedule right. s'kinda basic.

but hey-ho, on set tomorrow evening. looking forward to it

got a half-day promo shoot next week which may conflict with some potential corporate acting work. had been assured that the corporate schedule would come through two days ago - nothing yet. i'm beginning to see a pattern here. will hopefully resolve this potential fiasco tomorrow.

all in all my attitude is positive. now that i am no longer relying on 'the business' for my self-worth i can return to enjoying it for what it is - a disfunctional, frantic, self-obsessed, selfishly altruistic bun-fight.